.

.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Built-in cabinets from blah to Beauitful!

Hello everyone! Well here is the reveal I was talking about last week. We finally got around to putting it all back together around 10pm last night. Sorry the photos are so dark! I will get some shots in the day time later on in the week when we finish painting the bar side of the built-in cabinets. We decided to paint one side at a time because it would limit the amount of drawers/doors laying on the floor for us to trip over.



Here is a before and after shot. What do you think? I really LOVE the new look! I was really torn about painting them the dark chocolate brown and was thinking that we should paint them white but I think we would have made a huge mistake painting them white and I am glad I listened to the hubby! The dark color matches all of our other furniture in the family room. We also added those silver pulls on to the drawers and doors. We ended up getting a box of 10 pulls for $10 at our local Ace Hardware since they price match!! The best thing about this project is that the total cost of painting this was just the price of the pulls $10!! Since we already had leftover paint and primer from the guest bathroom redo! We love projects that end up costing hardly nothing :)



I am so smitten over the way it looks and cant wait to have the other side painted to match! Tonight I plan on starting on the bar side and it is going to go so much faster since we don't have to deal with painting the top half!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...