.

.

Friday, June 15, 2012

My thrifty June makeover

I have been on the hunt over the past few months for some new bar stools in our kitchen. The ones we inherited with the house I was not too fond of. They were very heavy and I didn't like the way they looked. See below shot of our old bar stools:



So last month I headed over to Habitat for Humanity and found these wonderful bar stools that would look fabulous in our newly painted kitchen. They were only $12 a piece and all they needed was some cleaning and a fresh coat of paint!



Last Sunday I scrubbed and sanded them down and added a new coat of white paint and this is how they now look in our kitchen.



Someday I have visions of painting the seat and back slats a red color to add a bit more red hints to our our kitchen...but for now I am totally and completely painted out and am looking forward to taking a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...