.

.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

From Purple Dragon to Dragon Slayer!

Remember when I first started this blog and we first started redoing our home...we started in the back in our master bedroom. I really wanted a purple bedroom (See this post) and I got one! (See below photo) I liked it and it was OK for a while...but then I started to kind of feel like it was a kids room. So our plan was to paint it something different after we finished everything else in our house.


So this past weekend we painted over the purple color and transformed it into a light grey. We also got the grey on super clearance at Home Depot. It was a color that someone made and didn't like so it was in their clearance bin. The great thing about it was that it was a high quality paint called Behr Premium Plus Ultra its one of those primer and paint all in one cans. I must say I was very impressed with this product. It went on very well! The first time we painted it we used the cheap Olympic paint and barely got by with one can and we really needed two gallon cans! On the Behr product we only used about half of a gallon can and only needed one coat! The other awesome thing is since we got it on clearance we got it for 35% off! So around $21. That made me very happy. Since the color was a made up light grey color, we don't know what its called....but I have decided to name it the "Dragon Slayer" Yes, I know I am a nerd! Anyways here is our bedroom now!!!





We really do like this color so much more. Its very calming and the best thing is that it feels more like an adult room now. :)

2 comments:

  1. What is this bedding??! I have been searching for something to go with our purplish/grey walls and this is PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashely! We got the bedding either on Amazon.com or Overstock.com. I tried looking for it and only could find this on Amazon. It must be the newer version of ours (hope this link works for you)

      http://www.amazon.com/Queen-Fresca-Purple-Bedding-Comforter/dp/B006U93YVC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1340634231&sr=8-3&keywords=purple+bedding

      I actually like this one much better. Good luck in your search :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...