.

.

Monday, May 21, 2012

The Big Kitchen Reveal!!!!

OK all! The kitchen is FINALLY complete! Oh my goodness this was the biggest project and the worst project but I am SO glad its completed. Surprisingly it only took about one week start to finish but it was because I took 2 days of vacation in the middle of the week and we worked pretty much non stop on them. One good thing is that when we started working on them the temps were in the 80's which helped significantly in drying the paint quickly...almost too quickly on some days! However was not fun painting the cabinet backs inside the house with oil based primer. I was to the point of picking up the phone and hiring someone to finish it for us...but after we got through the dreaded oil based primer things went much smoother! So without further adieu here are the photos. I have been told to include more before, in process and after photos so here you go.

Here is what our kitchen looked like before:





We washed everything with TSP and then used the stripper/glosser product on them all.





Here is my one hoarder shot after taking everything out of our drawers. It drove me nutzo to have this mess on my dining room table for a week. Don't understand how anyone could live with a mess like this always!


We pulled out the cars and brought all of the doors and drawers into our garage (33 total!)


This is after we applied the nasty smelling oil based primer! Looks so much better already!




Here is how the kitchen cabinets look now. I ended up finding some pulls in a contractor box set which was 10 pulls for $15.97. So it came out to be around $1.59 each. Not too bad since most of them were going for $3-4 each.




After my handy hubby added all the pulls to the cabinets and drawers I started the process of painting the walls a light yellow to finish it all off.









And now for my usual Before and After photos. I did a lot more this time so you could really see the change :)







We also ended up purchasing a NEW dishwasher over the weekend too since our old one sounded like a jet engine while running and leaked water all over or floor every time we ran it! We ended up getting a super duper quiet one and we love that the buttons are hidden. Looks so much more smooth and seamless in your kitchen that way.

In case you didn't see it in the million photos I have on this post ;) Here is our old dishwasher and our new one!

You have no idea how good it feels to have this project done and off our todo list. We just love the new look in our kitchen. It definitely got a face lift and for the cost of a few cans of paint and some cabinet pulls it was well worth it! I think this project ended up costing us just around $130.00! When you think about the cost it would be to remodel your entire kitchen it would be many thousand dollars. I think we will stick with this option!! 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing!!!! The transformation is increduble!! I can't wait to see it in person! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fantastic. And I can't believe you did that much on such a small budget! GREAT job Rachael!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...